Train your team in everything beer related! We have training systems for all levels of difficulty in all aspects of beer services. Want your team to pour perfect pints every time and reduce draft waste? Need to be able to explain to a customer what a well attenuated beer feels like? Having complaints about beer flavor and want to determine where the off-flavor comes from? We can help you!
Why should you train your team?
- Increase sales with staff knowing what they serve and sell, customers can tell!
- Motivate and develop your team with training and education
- Decrease costs with more efficient beer handling and procedures
- Be a better beer bar! It's what the world needs!
Below we have designed a number of training programs. We are happy to help with any special requests or specific training programs targeting a particular style or beer country. Programs are designed for a smaller group from 2 to 6 people and mixed between theoretical knowledge and practical service.
All programs include the following:
- Introduction meeting: we meet and discuss what you are looking for and what 852Beer can help out with. This is for us to understand how you operate, how we can help you in the best way and what expectations you have.
- "Secret visit" to your establishment: we visit your bar or restaurant unannounced and drink beer. We speak to your staff about beer, drink some beer and look how your beer service work. The information gathered during this visit will be presented in conjunction your program training session as part of our effort to help you increase your service level and increase your sales.
- "not very secret follow up visit": we visit your establishment after the training session and repeat what we did during the "secret visit" to make sure our program helped you.
- Flashcards and quiz for all participants
Program name: "Must know beer service"
This is the program designed with information and practical operations that everyone working in a place selling beer should know. We highly encourage you to train all of your staff with this level of knowledge.
Content of program: 1. basic beer background (ingredients, brewing, flavors, aroma) 2. basic draft pouring technique 3. bottle pouring technique 4. beer glasses 5. common descriptors for beer in sales related situations
Length: 2 hours
Designed for: service staff, bartenders in a bar selling beer
Practical: Pouring beer from a draft system and bottle, tasting 4 different beers
Program name: "Intermediate beer service"
If you sell a variety of beer on draft and bottle we highly recommend training some of your staff with this knowledge level bringing your service to the next level!
Content of program: 1. Intermediate beer background (ingredients, brewing, flavors, aroma, mouthfeel), 2. style descriptions, 3. intermediate draft knowledge (pouring, trouble shooting, optimizing), 4. glass cleaning procedures, 5. beer & food pairing techniques
Length: 4 hours
Designed for: Bar managers, restaurant managers
Practical: Pouring beer from draft system and bottle, tasting 7 different beers
Program name: "beer country specific"
If you run a bar or restaurant focusing on a specific beer country, staff should have a well rounded level of knowledge of beer from this country.
Countries of focus available: Germany & Czech Republic, Belgium, Great Britain, United States, New World (Japan, New Zeeland, Australia, Hong Kong)
Content of program: 1. History of beer in the country 2. Characteristics of beer in the country (ingredients, climate, styles, flavors) 3. Major breweries in the country
Length: 2 hours
Designed for: bar managers, restaurant managers at country focused outlets
Practical: Tasting 4 beers
Program name: "off-flavors in beer"
Beer can unfortunately easily be ruined from distribution and service operations (and even brewing) and this program trains you in how to detect some of the possible off-flavors and how you can avoid them.
Content of program: 1. Background of off-flavors in beer (ingredients, brewing, beer handling) 2. How to detect off-flavors in beer 3. How to avoid off-flavors in beer
Length: 2 hours
Designed for: bar managers, beverage managers
Practical: Tasting 5 off-flavored beers
New beer arrivals training session
It can be challenging for a restaurant or bar to keep up with training and informing all staff about new beer arrivals in order to sell the beer efficient and well. We have designed a training program catering to the need for good general beer knowledge of new arrivals on the menu.
Content of program:
1. Descriptions of new beer (brewing, ingridients)
2. Background on style and brewery
3. Basic beer and food matching
Length: 2 hours
Designed for: All staff selling and serving beer
Practical: Tasting new beers
For the more adventurous
We offer 2 hour training sessions in a variety of beer related subjects apart from our core range of training programs. The 2 hour training session will include theoretical information as well as beer tasting and a quiz.
- Spontaneously fermented beer
- Barrel aged beers
- Hops in beer
- Trappist beer
- Aging beer
- Sour beers